Thank You for Helping BUA Reach a Record 30% Participation in Alumni Giving!
The BUA alumni community celebrated BUA’s 25th anniversary with 25 events across the country including the culminating Gala Celebration on May 5, 2018. The months leading up to the Gala were filled with nostalgia, tremendous energy, reconnecting, contributions, and a lot of hard work.
On June 30, 2018, BUA alumni reached a record 30% participation in giving, surpassing last year’s 24% and the previous high of 28%! We are extremely proud and grateful to all of our alumni who generously helped us in this record effort. We are also especially grateful for the anonymous $10,000 gift from the alumni community that helped galvanize alumni giving through a matching challenge on BU Giving Day in April.
We look forward to keeping all of our alumni closely connected to each other, as well as with the BUA of today and tomorrow.
Gifts from alumni support BUA teachers and students, and enrich the programs that make BUA such a dynamic, supportive environment. All gifts are meaningful, big or small.
Please join us today and make your tax-deductible contribution to the 2018-19 Annual Fund!
History and Highlights
Since our first alumnus graduated from Boston University Academy in 1995, the BUA Alumni Association has grown to over 700 graduates across the United States and around the world. The Association seeks to provide opportunities for alumni to remain connected to BUA and to each other. Through alumni gatherings in Boston and cities around the country, volunteer opportunities at BUA, and our Alumni Association Facebook group, graduates can stay abreast of new developments at BUA and network with peers, classmates, colleagues, parents of graduates, and BUA faculty. The mission of the BUA Alumni Association is to celebrate and promote the accomplishments of our graduates and foster ongoing commitment to BUA.
- 173 alumni (26%) attended events in 10 cities across the country.
- 73 alumni attended BUA’s 25th anniversary gala on May 5.
- BUA alumni reached a record 30.6% participation in giving, surpassing last year’s 24% and the previous high of 28%.
- Total giving from alumni reached a record $54,161, a 37% increase in dollars compared to last year.
- We exceeded our Giving Day challenge, which offered a 1:1 match of all gifts up to a total of $10,000. This anonymous challenge gift represented a first-ever gift at the level of $10,000 from the BUA alumni community.