Directions and Parking
By Public Transportation
Take the MBTA Green Line “B” trolley to the Boston University Central stop. Keeping the Marsh Chapel on your right and Pavement Coffee on your left, walk one block west to our entrance at One University Road.
Use the interactive map to obtain individualized driving directions to BUA or enter “1 University Road, Boston 02215” into your GPS. Visitors may park in the Upper Bridge Lot (Lot H), adjacent to the Academy building.
BUA Parent Parking Policy
- Active pick-up/drop-off is permitted along the side entrance of the BUA building in the area demarcated by the yellow paint. There is space here for up to five vehicles.
- BUA parents may park for free up to two hours if visiting campus on school-related business.
- Limited parking is available in the Upper Bridge Lot (Lot H) at 1 University Road (next to the Academy building) on a first-come, first-served basis; overflow parking will be sent to the Essex Street Garage & Lot (F) at 148 Essex Street, and then to the Agganis Arena Lot/Garage (A/C-2) at 925 Commonwealth Avenue in the event that the Essex Lot is full.
- Parking attendants in each of these lots have been given a list of current BUA parents; drivers should notify the parking attendant that they are a BUA parent upon arrival.
- BUA makes free parent parking available for community events: parking for Fall Festival and for Parent Day/Picture Day when you may be on campus for more than two hours.
- Parents should notify the front desk with any issues.
- A link to the BU campus parking map is HERE.
- Metered street parking is available along Commonwealth Avenue. The meters take five quarters ($1.25) per hour.
- You can pay for street parking via the ParkBoston app, available through the Apple or Android stores on your smartphone.
Watch a Helpful Video of How to Park at BUA here: