Resources for Students and Families
Technology Resources for Students
- Blackboard for specific course information
- Zoom for video conferences
- Zoom Tips and Tricks for BUA Students
- Teachers will create links to meetings for students to join, but students can also create video conferences for group work via Zoom and Google Meet
- To test your computer’s internet connection bandwidth, you can use SpeedTest. Minimum recommended connectivity for Zoom is 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down). Check here for other Zoom system requirements.
- BU’s Learning Remotely Guide
- Google Docs and Google Sheets for sharing documents and group work. You have access to unlimited Google Drive storage space with your BU account.
- Scanning documents with your phone: Take a picture with your phone camera or use an app such as Office Lens, CamScanner, Dropbox app, FineScanner, or Scannable
- You can easily access many BU Libraries resources online with just your BU username and password. For help with accessing library resources, please visit askalibrarian.bu.edu.
- As usual, students experiencing IT issues should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exercise and Mental Health Resources for Students
- The mindfulness app Headspace offers a student plan ($9.99/year). Email Paige Brewster if you would like to use your incidental grant funds for Headspace.
- There are opportunities to conduct community service online
- Take an exercise break! Many Boston fitness studios are offering live virtual classes for free
Resources for Families